Dapper's Corner

Welcome to my little piece of Internet realestate. Ecca and I will occasionally post remarks, comments or anecdotes about the family that will primarily be of interest to grand parents, but may be worth a read just so you can appreciate the many chuckles our children provide us. Enjoy.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

What can I say! Being Dad and Husband is Job 1

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Children and their phases

As anyone that has had children knows full well, kids go through phases....all kinds of phases. Some concern behavior, finicky eating habits, or role playing.

One phase that Aaron has recently given up was the pirate theme. He went on for a couple of months about pirates. He had a hat, hook, eye patch and spy glass. He took them everywhere. Finally the novelty has worn off.

However, there are other sub plots or phases that carry through even these transient phases. The one that is a great bane for Ecca is the fact that Aaron will make anything he can get his hands on (and even his hands) into a weapon. I try to enforce Ecca's will in this matter, but I find that I just cannot get motivated to follow up constantly. After all, he's a kid.

Another constant in Aaron's life is Buzz Lightyear. And I don't see Buzz's influence waning at all.

Ms. Em. One phase that she has gone through last year was a period of wanting to wear dresses or skirts only. Now, up here in NE, some days are just too cold to be outside without soft hefty leg protection. And forget about playing in the snow! It was a battle royale to get her to wear appropriate attire to school on cold winter days. She is now in Kindergarten and the chillier weather of fall has arrived. I heard mom starting to sow the seeds in her mind that she won't be able to wear dresses once the frozen nose hair season is in full swing. It will be interesting to see if Emily will be able to make the adjustment this year without a major hassle.

An example of an Aaron eating phase is his Banana and Strawberry yogurt penchant. He doesn't like to eat other combinations of yogurt, not even just strawberry. He doesn't really understand why dad doesn't always want to eat just the Banana & Strawberry yogurt. Apparently it just doesn't add up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home