Dapper's Corner

Welcome to my little piece of Internet realestate. Ecca and I will occasionally post remarks, comments or anecdotes about the family that will primarily be of interest to grand parents, but may be worth a read just so you can appreciate the many chuckles our children provide us. Enjoy.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

What can I say! Being Dad and Husband is Job 1

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Our Crazy February 2000

I just came across an email that I sent out to friends and family in 2000 that I thought was worth posting.

Hello All,
It has taken me a while to get around to putting this email together. I've been quite busy over the past few weeks. I just wanted to give you the final score on my family and my general news.
First and most importantly if you have not heard already, I am the father of a wonderful and beautiful baby girl. Erica and I named her Emily Elizabeth. Born on Feb 18, 2000 at 6:11 PM at a weight of 7lb 15oz with an overall height of 20 inches. The labor was very quick. Only 2 hours and fifteen minutes of hard labor and 11 minutes of pushing. Emily entered into this world with a fantastic cry about two seconds after she was delivered. All is well with Emily and she passed her first pediatric exam with flying colors. Erica has left her teaching position permanently and is at home with Emily.
Speaking of home, I have one. As I mentioned in the last letter our house is in Littleton MA. 3 Bd Cape w/ 1500 sq ft of living space. Full basement. 1.5 bath. 0.35 acre. Yellow on the outside and brand new. It's a charming little house and we've managed to get 90% unpacked.

Finally, my new job is going very well, and as I expected, the hours are long but the work is fun. My commute is only six miles, and it takes just under 10 minutes to get to work. It's a sweet deal. If your interested in hearing more about Sonus Networks, give me a call or shoot me an email/resume. Check out the website: http://www.sonusnet.com/
To recap the month of February and the busiest month of my life here is a breakdown:
  • Feb 7 Begin new job
  • Feb 10 Pass papers on new house and pack up apartment
  • Feb 12 Move into house and sleep
  • Feb 13 Erica's surprise baby shower in NH
  • Feb 14 Remind wife I love her and inform her that the house is her Valentines gift
    Erica's last day of work
  • Feb 18 Emily Elizabeth arrives

That's 12 days at a sprinters pace! Now that things are settling down, I can sit back and enjoy the 12 hour work days. 8^)
I've attached my two favorite pictures of Emily to this message!
I hope all is well with you and your loved ones.

Swaddled Emily
Warm Emily

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home