Dapper's Corner

Welcome to my little piece of Internet realestate. Ecca and I will occasionally post remarks, comments or anecdotes about the family that will primarily be of interest to grand parents, but may be worth a read just so you can appreciate the many chuckles our children provide us. Enjoy.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

What can I say! Being Dad and Husband is Job 1

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The ol' Nature vs. Nurture question

Well folks, anyone who knows Erica and I well enough should know that neither she nor I push gender specific toys, activities, etc. onto our children. Granted, our kids have friends who have older siblings and that certainly plays a role in each childs' development. I suppose some folks who are more hard set will argue against me on this issue, however, I present to you the following pictures as supporting evidence of the old cliché "Boys will be boys."

In this first sequence we see both Aaron and Emily on the same beach on the same day. Witness my son's uncanny impersonation of the famed Bruce Lee (and can you believe that he's never once had a formal lesson in his life). Then witness my daughter and how she gently presents for the benefit of the camera the wonderful creature she has discovered (NOTE: this crab would later be subjected to a hysterical activity created by Scott Larkin which he aptly dubbed crab racing).



Hwhayaaaah!

Isn't this neat?


In this second sequence you can witness the true inner nature of each child as they express their personalities in their own unique ways.



I eat you up hotdog! Ahhhhhh!

Aren't we just adorable?!

In addition here are some excellent quotes about boys that most certainly apply to my little Woggie Aaron.

"Boys are beyond the range of anybody's sure understanding, at least when they are between the ages of 18 months and 90 years."
- James Thurber

"There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life that he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure."
- Mark Twain

"Some parents say it is toy guns that make boys warlike. But give a boy a rubber duck and he will seize its neck like the butt of a pistol and shout "Bang!""
- George F. Will

Source of the above quotes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home