Dapper's Corner

Welcome to my little piece of Internet realestate. Ecca and I will occasionally post remarks, comments or anecdotes about the family that will primarily be of interest to grand parents, but may be worth a read just so you can appreciate the many chuckles our children provide us. Enjoy.

Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

What can I say! Being Dad and Husband is Job 1

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Chaos breeds yet more Chaos

You've made your own bed and now you must sleep in it.

This was an incident of my own making. The kids go to bed with sippy cups filled with water so they have water in the night if they need it. Well, if you've ever put my kids to bed you'd know that Aaron loves to guzzle the water. Aaron woke up some time last night and after having polished off a tall sippy cup of water wanted another one. Anxious to get back to bed I filled the cup and put it in his bed with him and sent him off to sleep.

Perhaps you've already surmised the outcome. My day began in ernest around 5:30 AM this morning to Aaron saying that he had an accident. What a surprise! Why couldn't his 43 lb body hold in 16 oz of fluid for 10 hours.

Below is the sequence of events that ensued:
  1. Aaron empties what's left in his bladder, all the while yelling from his perch on the toilet "MOMMY, I HAD A AXDENT!"
  2. I start changing his sheets.
  3. Kristin decides that she's had enough and is determined to let everyone in the house know how she feels.
  4. And it wouldn't be a party unless Emily was present so she decided that it was time to get up by announcing "MOMMY, I WANT TO GET OUT OF BED!"
  5. With all three children at full song, Erica and I agreed that there was no turning back and we all headed downstairs.

Note to self: When Aaron polishes off the first 8 oz of water and requests a refill, he must first relieve himself of the first 8 oz., preferably not in bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home