Oh where Oh where have my new stockings gone
It just amazes me how the simplest of tasks can become a mountainous challenge to children.
Last night I brought home two packages of socks and in an effort to give Emily and Aaron something to do and to make them feel important I asked them to bring my two new packages up to my room and to put them in the blue plastic crate I use to hold socks. I explicitly said to open my closet door and it would be right in front of her. So up went Emily and shortly afterwards Aaron with the second package.
After less than 30 seconds both Erica and I were shouting up alternate descriptions for a blue plastic crate. It was time to have dinner so we had the youngins come down to eat.
When I went to bed later, I peeked into the closet to see the results of my childrens' efforts. Needless to say, as of this posting I am still looking for the second package of socks having managed to find the first package which was placed inside a suitcase.
Last night I brought home two packages of socks and in an effort to give Emily and Aaron something to do and to make them feel important I asked them to bring my two new packages up to my room and to put them in the blue plastic crate I use to hold socks. I explicitly said to open my closet door and it would be right in front of her. So up went Emily and shortly afterwards Aaron with the second package.
After less than 30 seconds both Erica and I were shouting up alternate descriptions for a blue plastic crate. It was time to have dinner so we had the youngins come down to eat.
When I went to bed later, I peeked into the closet to see the results of my childrens' efforts. Needless to say, as of this posting I am still looking for the second package of socks having managed to find the first package which was placed inside a suitcase.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home